An Overview Of Divorce
Divorce is one of the most important and difficult decisions that anyone may encounter. There are many issues that should be considered analytically when filing for divorce.
Here is an example of a few of them:
- Living arrangements of children?
- How often do you hope to see your children if they live with your former spouse.
- Potential decision making concerns
- Payment of children’s expenses
2) Support Payments
- Spousal support and child support
- Financial circumstances, economic conditions or other factors
- Entitlement to children as exemptions for income
3) Your Home
- Expenses and living arrangements
- Interest charge and tax issues
- Potential proceeds and Income from selling home
- Who will keep the home after the divorce? Will the home be sold? If sold, how will the home be divided?
- How will decisions be decided about the house?
- Children’s benefits
- Obligated additional charges
- Is there an obligation for insurance?
- Responsibility on expenses for children that the insurance does not cover?
5) Income Taxes
- Entitlement of joint income tax return
- Additional payment responsibilities
- Past tax return deficiency and refunds
If you have any other questions please feel free to call us!
Get your questions answered - call us for your free, 20 min phone consultation (575) 589-1055